Thursday, November 29, 2012

Catching Up

I'm sorry I haven't been posting recently. I've been keeping busy experimenting with new beadwork projects, decorating the tree, hiding from the Black Friday mobs. I know I keep promising real posts, but then I seem to get behind again until the step-by-step pictures are forgotten and uncaptured and my regular updates are nowhere to be seen. So it looks like this is another post that will consist primarily of pictures, without much text and description. Please bear with me.

First, I stumbled across the pattern for June Huber's "totally twisted triangle" and decided to have a shot at making one. I thoroughly enjoyed it and once learned, the pattern is easy to remember and can be done and redone without a need to repeatedly look at the instructions. A good on-the-road project, as I've found out.
Peyote stitch bezeling was one of the first techniques I learned and I wanted to experiment with a fun, eco-friendly source. Thus, the Bacardi party pendant was born. It was my first real foray into fringe.

Then I got sucked into my current obsession, which seems to be bead crochet necklaces. This first one, which I've named Aurka, is made of mother of pearl chips and a vintage mother of pearl button as the focal. The clasp is also a square mother of pearl bead with two little seashell findings. I had a lot of fun making it, although I only learned the basics of crochet at summer camp and have now forgotten how to do anything but the most basic chain. I'll work on that.


 
 
 
 
The last necklace I completed was Yllis, another bead crochet bib-style necklace, this time made of citrine chips, moonstone, glass beads, Tohos, glass pearls and freshwater pearls. It's all done in a peach-black-white color palette I'm very fond of. The clasp is another vintage button loop closure with a fun pearl dangle down the back.
 

 
 
I think I have a few bead crochet necklaces left in my system before I move on to something else but Aurka is already sold so I suppose that a few more projects in the same style can't hurt too much :) and I plan to try out a few more thread colors. Again, thanks for reading! Anyone else out there playing around with bead crochet?


No comments:

Post a Comment