Saturday, December 22, 2012

Delays and news

So sorry I haven't updated! The Etsy shop is still empty with only a few days left til Christmas and I haven't put up any new pictures but things have been picking up crazy momentum over here. The most prominent new development is that I'll be moving to Seattle in January! Coming from a small hometown, the move is pretty intimidating but it'll be an experience and I'll actually be close to bead stores (not to mention a fantastic cosmetic brand named Fyrinnae)!
I've been experimenting with a few more techniques and have sold a few items since my last post. I made a pair of ombre freshwater pearl cluster earrings and was so excited to wrap them and send the present on its way that I forgot to take pictures. Maybe I can get a picture of them on the wearer instead.
Here are the things I did manage to finish and photograph amid the pandemonium.
First is Jess, an eyepin magnesite chain with copper findings.
Then comes Vienna, another eyepin chain made of mother of pearl. The grapelike focal is made of glass and moonstone beads.

The last necklace I completed is a silver Sewanee angel coin. I wanted it to be wearable and so I bezeled it in Sewanee's university colors and hung it on a silver chain.

So that's all for now. The world didn't end and the family events are still coming, there are presents to make and sweaters to wear and people to wish well so enjoy the holidays! Til next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment